California, USA - 15/5/2009 (Dawie J)

We landed on American soil! Everything is bigger. There are much more big, and I mean BIG , cars, than small cars.

The home was very nice, but we definitely could not play ball inside!

We stayed in Palm Springs for 5 days. Me and my dad played golf once. 


I lost the first 9 holes, but we draw on the next 9. I hit the ball 100 metres over water with a 5 iron. My dad said:"Now I'll have to buy you a cool drink". While people were looking, I hit a very good shot. The people applauded me and one guy said:"He's gonna be called "The White Tiger" one day!!!"

From Palm Springs, we hit the long road to the Grand Canyon. 

It was a 7hours non-stop drive, BUT , it was all worth it! It is amazing that this big hole in the ground, clever people don't really know 100% how it was formed. So, it must have been God! You see a little bit of the greatness of God here, but still not all of it. God is so Great!

Then we drove past Hoover dam. 

It is a magnificent structure. It was built in 1932-1937, but still is in the Top 10 greatest inventions of the 20th century.

Back in Los Angeles, we walked along the beach every day. 

Different aeroplanes flew over our heads as they were departing from LAX – it seemed 1 every 30 seconds! Tinus and I went to Disneyland. It was a glorious day: lots of different themes and drives.

Then Charlie came back! 

While driving into the airport, we saw his plane (an Air New Zealand plane) flying in just over our heads! With planes landing every 2 minutes, that was a real miracle to see his plane. We were so excited. I took Charlie to Disney California the next day. We went on the California Screaming Rollercoaster.

 I was SOOO scared, I almost wet my pants! At the end, I enjoyed it so much that we went 3 times – and my pants were still dry...!

That's all from me. Dawie J signing off from LA, on the way to Seattle... Everything is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment